WHAT UP ALL?!
First off, I'm writing this blog solo, not because Evan wasn't interested, but because I am a creature of impatience and he is at work.
Second, HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope everyone had a holiday full of food, laughter, hugs, and good times. I also hope that those who got to see Emily were surprised and enjoyed their time with her. For those of you who were not able to see her, I feel your pain. Emily told me early this summer of her plans to be an awesome daughter from England and surprise our parents for Thanksgiving. She has not enjoyed a family Thanksgiving for 4 years... that means no buttery goodness, Uncle Dave mashed potatoes, Grandma's pies with sugar included (long story but in short.. she forgot the sugar one year and has yet to live that down), and all the amazingness that Lotus's provides. She leaves from Des Moines tomorrow morning, and she tells me she had a great short visit. I wish I could have been there to see Mom's face, or Dad's face when he woke up confused... or heard Hana's screams when she realized what her "early Christmas present" was. I was there in spirit and thanks to AWESOME communication, felt like I was there with all of Em's descriptions. And for those of you who doubt my secret skills.... HA. Eat that pie.
But Ok, onto life in Jersey. Traffic still sucks and I'm still not a fan of my job. But I'm learning to cope with traffic, and as for the job, I'm actively looking for something better and until then I'm sucking it up.
Other than that, everything is swell. Evan and I have settled into a nightly comfort zone. He has recently realized he is addicted to Wordsearches and I have rediscovered my love for coloring (yes with crayons and coloring books) while we watch our shows and sportscenter. Our nightly events are probably boring to most, but we couldn't be happier.
I have started to taste homesickness, I sure hope its the holidays because it stinks like poo. And Emily's visit probably didn't help either... I have always been so accessible for family gatherings and seeing my sister when she is home, with the exception of the one Thanksgiving missed when I was in Hawaii. But I'm finding new ways to keep myself busy and I've been writing letters like mad. If anyone wants to be included in letter writing, let me know because I love hand writing letters, so much more than e-mailing. Just send me your address as a comment on this blog, email it to me, or message me on FB.
The weather here has been pretty mild, a little rain and yesterday we had a little sleet. Everyone is dreading all of the cold and snow, but I love it. Some people have told me I must not have experienced winter like they do, I laugh because they must not realize that South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa have ice, which is something they don't get much here.... plus the negative temps... something else these East Coasters don't understand. So we'll see who is laughing down the wintery road. :-)
Speaking of wintery climate, our friends E.J. and Nicole are in Jamaica gettin' hitched this week! We are keeping an eye out on their pup, who is absolutely adorable and doesn't like me, but oh well... she'll come around to the awesomeness that is me. Ha. But before they left we went to a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that was BYOB. Great great great food and we had a fun night out. Nothing like fried ice cream to send you off to get married. After dinner we played dominos.. and if you have to guess who won, you're silly because it was me. New name: Queen of Domino Playing... that's right, I'm getting things monogrammed.
And because I started with Thanksgiving, I shall end with Thanksgiving. Yesterday Evan and I slept in a little bit and then made our way into Queens. Surprisingly Manhattan traffic was nice and easy, but once we got out of the Midtown Tunnel into Queens, we sat in traffic for about an hour... which was kind of boring.. I rather be stuck in the city because there is so much more to look at. BUT we did go by the World Fair again.. and that always reminds me of my Sister and our love for Men In Black... and the song at the end. Once we got there, we talked and watched Evan's Grandma finish up the turkey. We had a small dinner, Evan, his Grandma, Great Grandma, his uncle Eric, his fiance, and two of their friends. We ate turkey, potato salad, catfish, stuffing, greens (I'm not a fan but Evan loves them), and sweet potato pudding. Everything was so good and I'm so glad they decided to wait to go to their other house in Florida until after Turkey Day. They are a great family who made me feel very welcome and at home. If it weren't for them, I have a feeling yesterday would have been a very homesickness type day. By the time we got home we were headed for a Turkey Coma, Evan wordsearched and I colored while we watched Kung Fu Panda, then went to sleep. Working retail is never fun on Black Friday, and we needed our rest. :-) Thankfully, I get a couple more hours before I enter the madness. I hope everyone remained safe and untrampled this Black Friday.
So... Thank you all. Thank you for being amazingly awesome... thank you for being apart of my life and making it the greatness that it is. Thank you for loving one another, hugging and enjoying the holidays with food and laughter. Thank you for my Sister who made our parents very happy and surprised this year.. and for eating double mashed potatoes and buttery goodness for me. Thank you all for thinking of Evan and me this year and wishing us a happy holiday! Thank you Thank you Thank you. I hope you are all full of food, and full of thanks.
I love you all so very much and am missing you.
Evan might post his own piece to this, I'll update you if he does. But if he doesn't, I KNOW he wishes you all a Happy Holiday.
OH as for his shoulder, it is doing well and he is working on making it stronger.
OH x2... I recently got to post all my photos from right before I left til now on FB.. so be sure to check out all the awesomeness. I didn't want to make this blog any longer than I already did. Haha. LOVE YOU! Happy weekend and GO PACK GO! :-) xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment