So tonight feels like the night before Christmas. I'm definitely not waking up to lots of presents but I WILL be waking up to family. I must say, that has been the hardest thing about living so far away... being restricted to seeing my family! For those of you who don't know, my Mom and Paul will be flying in tomorrow and staying a few days before jet setting to England to see Emily and Paul. I'm extremely excited to have them so close, even if its just a few days. And another exciting thing is that Evan's mom, Lisa, and stepdad John will be here as well! They're coming up from Bermuda for the weekend. I'm so happy that they will get to meet!
Other than anticipating our visitors we have been keeping busy. A few weeks ago we got a couple fish, Moe & Juice. And we also added a 9 week old kitten named Ham into the mix. This little guy has been keeping us and Evans cat, Thor, on our toes. I always get blinded by cuteness before realizing that kittens come with razor claws. Ham is starting to realize that he can take them in, but I almost think he prefers to slice us up like sushi. :-)
My new job is starting to feel not so new. But its going just fine.
And I recently celebrated my 25th birthday. I had to work but everyone made it feel special and my thoughtful boyfriend set up a fun scavenger hunt of presents. :-) and I had to work the next day but that night he set up a special dinner. He is wonderful.
And of course this is where I start getting all mushy. Haha. Its weird, today I was driving and that first drive from the airport popped into my mind. He was late picking me up due to awesome nyc traffic and I was scared outta my mind. That whole ride to Bloomfield was intense... neither of us knowing what we got into and not realizing if it was even going to work. And here we are 9 months later, loving our life and spending all our time together. I say this a lot but I feel lucky every single day!
Loving & missing everyone...
Tess
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0
No comments:
Post a Comment