Hello Hello!
Well my people, I hope this all finds you on a beautiful day.
Evan and I are doing quite well. Evan has officially admitted to loving it here and it was quite cute how it came out. The other night we were watching tv and Evan told me he was texting with an old coworker a few days ago. After I asked how she was doing he informs me, "she's good, I told her I loved it here." I replied with an "oh yeah, well do you?" and I get back a "yeah, I really do." That really made my day and I love to hear the stuff that makes me feel good about our choice to move this way.
Since our last blog we have done a bit. We went to the zoo and E got hissed at by a tiger. I'm not even joking. I walked by this white Siberian Tiger and it was sitting against the wall. E comes behind me and the tiger starts hissing, but wouldn't approach us. I think Evan felt all tough and manly at the fact that the tiger was intimidated by him. I'm going to vote that E is a freak and animals are scared of him :-) haha. The jungle and aquarium were closed but we still had a good time.
Last weekend we spent Friday night at Ben's football game, it was really exciting. They won and advanced to playoffs (sad to report they played Wednesday and lost but Ben still had an 80+ yd touchdown run). Saturday, E and I went to Des Moines to spend time with my dad and Karla. We ate an awesome dinner and watched a few movies. It was our first time there since the move back and I definitely missed my dad's cooking. :-) Then Sunday we watched football all day and bellied some of Paul's Packer Game Day Chili... needless to say it was a weekend of excellent food.
Alright fast forward Monday Tuesday and let's stop on Wednesday.
Evan had the day off so we spent the gloomy afternoon watching movies in the basement, hanging with the cats. At approximately 3:30 I got an offer to become a Behavior Analyst at TPG Telemanagement. Needless to say, I accepted and became employed, contingent on a background check and drug screening (good thing I don't have anything bad in my background and I don't do drugs.. go me). Then right after 5:00 pm Evan got a call and was offered a full-time position at Nebraska Furniture Mart. He has a good position at Lens Crafters but it is their slow season and he wasn't getting the hours they told him he'd get when we moved. So he is going to keep the LC on the back burner and do something called "casual part-time" where he will work a couple times a month, just to keep his employment. But we're feeling pretty good about that. We both start the 7th of November and have close to the same hours. We are very excited and are starting our apartment search.
So, good things are happening and we're really excited.
Loving you all.
E & T
No comments:
Post a Comment